Friday, December 25, 2009

Simple Service

Sometimes, service is simple.

It's a holiday and things don't go quite the same when there are so many different things swirling all around us. But, still, there is something to said for quietly assisting my Owner with the turkey or making Her coffee in the morinng - even today. There is something to be said for taking a moment away from what is going on my own head to offer something up and to be mindful of Her needs.

Today has been difficult since the excitement and distraction of presents and stockings as I deal with the pain of loss, but even here, within this - there is service. I think today I have been acutely aware of how much those little things can matter, particularly when I'd really rather just be curled up in a corner paying attention to no one but myself while I process.

It really is about staying grounded, staying sane, and not losing sight of the important things because my heart hurts.

My Owner has been gentle and supportive and understanding of me being wherever I need to be - and I love Her so much.

No comments: