Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Good Girl/Bad Girl

Daddy started a system of discipline for me not very long ago and the system came with a couple of basic rules.

I'm not allowed to chew or pick at my fingernails/cuticles/lip (bad nervous habit) nor am I allowed to swear or use bad gestures.

The system is two jars. I start the week with one filled with 600 pennies or $6.00, symbolically. Throughout the week, every time I break one of the rules or other arbitrary ones (poor attitude, pouting inappropriately, etc), Daddy tells me to take out however many pennies that She decides that particular transgression should cost me out of the Good Girl Jar and move them over to the Bad Girl Jar.

My good girl jar is covered in little fairy stickers and my bad girl jar has silly monster stickers on it. Then, at the end of the week, I have however much money as I do pennies in the good girl jar that I can spend on silly things just for me. I like that I always start out the week with my Good Girl Jar full!

I use my good girl money for things like apps for my ipod touch or treats or other things. It works really well and has started to work even when i'm not around Daddy. I swear a lot less now, even my friends have noticed!

Most especially, it is nice to have a way to have consistent discipline even when we're not alone. The teenagers think it's funny and having 'swear jars' is something they know other adults have done so it doesn't strike them oddly and this way Daddy can 'punish' me for bad behaviour anytime without needing to wait for when we are alone. The jars are clear so I can see how well I'm doing that week by how full the good girl (or conversely, bad girl) jar is.

I'm really grateful for this system because it makes me feel very loved and cared for to have a consistent discipline system in my life. I'm very goal-oriented and also really find beauty in punishment.

Thank You, Daddy!

No comments: