Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Possession and Surrender (My Six Word Memoir)


Possession and Surrender ~ This was a concept I sort of discovered when I was burned out by the BDSM "community" and all the pretense and bullshit. I was done being jerked around and realized that I just couldn't do D/s if that's what it was about. And yet, some part of me still yearned to give up, give in, submit.... surrender. I found that even in my vanilla interactions with romantic or sexual partners that there was still an element of submission to the very energy that I brought to the experience.

And so, I started a discussion on a community list about this topic. Here are some excerpts from that discussion (my words/thoughts only):

"To me, to possess, to yearn to be possessed.. is more than just being Dominated... it is giving up ones self completely to the Other in that moment, moments, lifetime. It is a full and complete feeling and one that requires no props (though they are lots of fun!) And often, I find this phenomenon happens naturally."

"Surrender.. to surrender... to be surrendered to... implies again a more full and complete giving of ones self. To me, surrender means to let go completely. Away, go my inhibitions and self-consciousness and self-doubt. Away, go my nervousness and fear. Instead there is only the sweet softness of surrender. "

“Before, I submitted out of need. Now, I surrender out of choice.”

“To surrender is to allow.. It is to allow the lesson to be learned, to be received. It is to allow for perfect completeness of sensation and of trust. It is to allow one to permeate your being for those few moments, or for a lifetime.”

“There is fear when one attempts to surrender without being fully prepared. It is an unmasking. It is a clear and stark reality. It is trusting the other to see you as you truly are, not the you that you portray through all the many masks and veils that we wear in our day to day lives. It is purity.”

I have always yearned to feel posessed, owned. And I have always yearned to surrender, to let go, to give in, and to submit.

These are themes present throughout my entire life. While subconsciously, it seems, my 'programming' has me trying to control and manipulate, what I yearn for - what I desire - is the sweet serenity of surrender.

And so my six word memoir is simple:
I am learning how to surrender

I was tagged by Lenora who was tagged by Saratoga

The rules are as follows:
-Write your own six word memoir

-Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like

-Link to the person that tagged you in your post

-Tag five more blogs with links

-And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play


**Sorry everyone! I don't really know who to tag!! But please feel free to participate if you're interested!**

1 comment:

Lenora said...

Thanks so much for participating, and for hte simple beauty of your entry. All the best to you.

--Lenora