Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I timed myself out.

So, my Owner is angry with me right now. And She has a right to be.

She walked away. Is taking a bath. She didn't time me out, but I realized very shortly after I heard Her running the bath, that I clearly needed one. So, I toddled up to the bedroom, away from distractions, to think and write and consider.

I had just a couple days ago posted about being a bad listener and wanting to work on that. Yet, when my Owner tried to tell me that's exactly what I was just doing, I was SURE I wasn't. So sure. Much more sure than I had any right to be given that I am aware that listening is something I need to work very hard at. If my Owner is pointing out that I'm not listening... then I need to trust Her.

And I wasn't.

I assumed I had it all figured out. Once again, I was so sure that She had me all wrong.. that She was so far off. Yet, is She ever?

*sigh*

Not usually.

No, usually She's right on. And, while I don't want to think I was trying to take over the conversation by asking a question to clarify - it may be true that on some level I was trying to "steer" or "control" the conversation which is an unconscious impulse that I am aware I sometimes do. Old programming and past abuse stuff. And who knows me better than anyone? She does.

*hangs head*

So here I sit, ashamed of myself for once again behaving badly because... once again... in the moment I was convinced that I was right.

Lifestyle D/s is more than collars and cuffs. More than rules and consequences. It's more than "yes Syr" and "please may I?" It's trust. It's trust so deep that you go to it before you fall back into old patterns. It's trusting even when everything in you says "noooo you must be wrong!". It's faith.

And I falter in this area, regularly. I trust my beloved Owner more than I've ever trusted any other human being on this earth. More than blood relatives. More than my closest friends - though I trust them a lot. I trust Her with my breath and my body, and even most importantly - with my mental health and my future.

I need to remember this trust when I start to get angsty and irritable. I take on this snotty know-it-all personality in these moments of absent trust and it's not a pretty side of me, folks, let me tell you. Not pretty at all. She called me on it and I shot back with something really unpleasant.

And here I sit, ashamed and bummed out that I let that uglier side of me get the better of me once again.

Trust, faith. By Goddess, She has earned these from me. She has proven that She can be trusted with the most tender and vulnerable sides of me. She has earned my trust and my love through personal hardship and working with me through so many very difficult and challenging things. She has never betrayed my trust in any way, ever.

And yet I betray Hers when I fail to recognize what She knows... and what She sees.

More things for me to think about, I see. And much more for me to work on.

No comments: