Sunday, March 04, 2012

Sunday afternoon - Brief Thoughts

I needed to do my devotional later in the day, today, than usual because my Owner was still in bed until it was time for me to run a necessary errand. So, here I am, early Sunday Afternoon - wearing my Owner's collar and contemplating my place. ;)

I have to admit that while this week has been a whirlwind of a bunch of different things, I have noticed that the effectiveness of the "time outs" are really noticeable. For example, twice yesterday we started to get into some unpleasantness. My emotions were getting out of hand and my tone was off during a disagreement so She sent me up here for 15 minutes on two separate occasions. BOTH times, when I came up to the bedroom, I was furious. BOTH times, I felt calm and settled by the time I returned to Her and we were able to continue our conversations normally.  It is really noticeable what a difference a little bit of quiet time to breathe and calm myself can be. I become so much more rational and reasonable!

It's helpful to know that She has a Toppy tool She can use subtly (when privacy is an issue), to keep things from getting out of hand and to allow space for a reminder for me to be more mindful of my behaviour. I'm really grateful for it.

2 comments:

c said...

I used this idea of yours to help me through a stressful moment this morning. Our 2,5-years old was being very loud and energetic, we had tons of things to do and were supposed to meet my mother for birthday lunch, and we just kept running in to each other and snipping at each other.

One of the things I needed to do was ironing - my Owners shirt, and our little one's dress. And inspired by you, I took that time to contemplate how much I love them both, and how much I appreciate being owned, and how much She does for me, every day.

And just like that, I wasn't angry or stressed anymore, and stopped bitching and we didn't argue anymore. So I just wanted to say thank you! for the inspiration!

alena said...

Aww, I'm so glad this helped you! I felt like it was such a sleepy post - I was just exhausted last Sunday when I wrote it - that i'm glad anything that made sense at all came out of it. Focusing on how it feels to be safe, owned, and loved has helped me so much, too...