Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lost

I awoke this morning, tossing and turning and near tears from a dream where I was seperated from my Owner & Daddy. She was still right next to me for snuggles but only for a moment as the alarm was going off and we had to get ready to head out to our jobs for the day...

I was feeling unsettled, and sleepy. I had a pretty rough night and was feeling particularly vulnerable and sensitive. After I dropped Her off at the transit station, I just focused on driving until I arrived at work.

When I pulled into my usual parking spot, parked the car, and looked down at where my hand rested on the gear shift so I could put the car in park and grab my commuter coffee mug - I got a serious jolt. My bracelet was missing... rather.. the COLLAR my Owner put on my wrist.

I was almost instantly in tears as I shook my naked wrist, as if I could make the familiar silver weight, and symbol of my slavery and service to my Owner magically reappear! And then I began to panic as I tried to remember when I last saw it, last ran my fingers along it. What if it had been missing for more than a few minutes, a few hours.... what if it had been gone for DAYS and I hadn't noticed. Outside of just wanting to find it, I also was so concerned at having taken the feel of it for granted that I might have not NOTICED. I was devestated as I frantically tried to call Daddy to... tell Her... to ask for the reassurances She is so wonderful at giving. But Her phone wasn't near enough to Her to hear and so it went to voicemail.

I spent the day wistfully touching my wrist and wishing I could rush home and scour the house, so convinced I was by now that I must have lost it sometime in the last week. I was not wholly rational about the subject by this point and had guilt to boot.

She met me at work so we could ride home together and by then She had received at least one of my text messages letting Her know what was going on. I was fretting and She reminded me that the bracelet... collar... is just a symbol of Her Ownership of me and doesn't change the fact that I am owned. I know that... and yet the physical reminder is like an anchor, a touchstone for me to reach for when I need it. And I was having a hard time not being in a panic.

Syr insisted, then, that we go somewhere just the two of us for a quick dinner, rather than go straight home. She wanted to give me time to calm myself a bit.

We pulled into the sushi place we'd decided on and I parked the car. She wrapped Her hand tightly in my hair, pulled my head back and then pulled me against Her shoulder. She growled softly in my ear, "Who owns You, little girl?"

"You do, Syr", I whimpered my reply.

"Do you NEED the bracelet to feel owned?" She demands.

"YES" came my pouty little girl reply.

She let go of my hair, reached over my lap to a spot on the floor near my feet and picked up something sparkly...

My Collar!!!!!!

She hadn't noticed it until just at the moment I'd said yes to Her question and She chuckled and shook Her head as She figured out how it had come loose, fixed it, and put it back on my wrist.

She muttered that She had been trying to make a point, but that even She couldn't deny the irony of finding the bracelet jus that very moment. "I guess You DO need it" She laughed.

I cried with relief. I was so happy it was found.

And... I feel a lot better knowing that I had likely noticed it within minutes of it falling off. *big deep breath*.

But the truth.... no... I don't need to wear a physical collar to know that I am owned - body, mind, heart, and soul by my Wife, my Owner.. my Daddy. But, I find having a physical anchor of my submission to be a little blessing that I am grateful for.

Thank You, Daddy for finding it and understanding why it means so much!

No comments: