Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Topic Outline

Recently, a Daddy/girl couple whom I 'know' online (and whose dynamic I appreciate, respect, and personally identify with as it reminds me of my dynamic with my Owner) posted about a recent new bit of work they were doing together. I'll call them O and f. :)

I really identify a lot with f because I feel we share a similar tendency to be very emotionally and spiritually connected to our power exchange dynamics. It's not just a set of actions, but it is something that empowers us to personal growth - and more intensely connected relationships with our partners.

So, recently, O came up with an outline of writing topics for f to do. What blew me away was how well thought out the list was. It was not just random writing - but clearly topics designed to give f food for thought, and growth. It exuded loving Daddy energy - as he is clearly trying to help guide her.

It is precisely this sort of energy that I hold so dear in my own Daddy. :) So I really was drawn to it. I loved the topics and got myself all shy and worked up but got the nerve to email O and ask if it was ok with both of them if I showed the list of topics to my Owner.

They said yes - yay! ;) Upon showing it to Syr, She asked me to write about how I thought an outline like that one would help me --

The topics list several things I really identify with - such as mindfulness, eye contact, accepting discipline/correction, learning, growing, and trusting.

For me, exploring these topics in depth often is a tremendous tool for growth. Not only do I find them helpful to my dynamic - my service to my Owner, but I find that I often learn things about myself along the way. Writing about topics like those help open me up to new awarenesses about myself whether it be awarenesses about things I want/need to improve upon or awarenesses of where my strengths really are - a confidence booster.

I also know how my Owner responds to my writing when it is on topics that are useful for my personal growth or for improving my ability to trust and serve Her. I know that in a way, even the writing is an act of service that I feel She would enjoy.

My Owner has been employing writing assignments as a tool for our dynamic and my personal growth since we first began talking to one another. It is one of the most natural and profound ways we connect with each other at this level. I don't think anything negative has EVER come about as a result of writing - and so I think it could only be beneficial.

No comments: