Saturday, November 15, 2008

What don't I miss?

"Life circumstances managed to strip away many of the formalities and obvious routines and rituals of our dynamic. We've talked about what we both miss and want back. I want to know up to five things you don't miss."

What I don't miss?? There's nothing I don't miss, is there? I miss it all.

I miss being put on my fur before bed, on all fours with my forehead to the fur and arms stretched out in front of me (a la 'child's pose') with Her foot resting on the back of my head or neck. I miss the feeling of containment I would feel when my attitude would slip and She would 'adjust' it for me. I miss discipline and desire and the way the two mix in a juxtaposition of wanting so badly for the sensation of being held and safe in my boundaries and the way I would hate the actual sting of the paddle or the way my face would get hot and I would feel submissive shame for needing to be disciplined in the first place.

I really miss every last bit of it... don't I?

After thinking, somewhat carefully, about this - I did manage to come up with 5 though:

  1. I don't miss the constant disruption from outside our bedroom window, whenever we would have the chance for quality private D/s time - that we were experiencing at our old home.
  2. I don't miss the way I would get snippy so easy because of all the stress we were experiencing.
  3. I don't miss the way my Owner would be cranky or stressed and therefore in the wrong kind of headspace to be comfortable exerting Her ownership of me.
  4. I don't miss the way the stress we were dealing with would impact our ability to simply relax at home and enjoy each Other's company.
  5. I don't miss the little ways we were getting on each other's nerves during the transition period.
*grins*

Okay, I know I cheated - a little... but the reality is, that when we are in the right frame of mind to explore our D/s fully together - there is nothing I truly dislike and would wish to go away forever.

There are certain punishments that Syr uses that I detest - and yet I am always grateful for Her attention and correction and the way Her punishments always teach me about myself or allow me to grow a little bit more.

There are certain especially stingy implements that give Syr great joy to use on me, and yet while I don't like the sensation they produce - physically - I am grateful for the feelings they evoke - emotionally.

So in all honesty, I miss it all. But I know that with the stresses of our old home behind us, we will be finding all of it again, or recreating new rituals, routines, rules, protocols, etc together. Either way, I am grateful for our new home, and for the fresh, clean, energy of renewal that came along with it.

No comments: