Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Quickie

No, not that kind. Sorry folks!

I have some daily tasks now that are more formalized, in the chore category. I'm not a big fan of chores, which isn't a huge surprise, I'm sure. But Syr has given me a task to do a 5 minute tidying up of each of five rooms in the house, each day of the week except Saturday and Sunday.

It was a little funny because She said She was going to make me a chore chart. And, teasing, I asked Her, "You're going to make a chore chart?" and She said yes and described the 5 minute daily chore idea... and then I repeated the question putting extra emphasis on the first part ... "You're going to make me a chore chart?" and then She understood the question, snickered, and said "No, you are." Mmhmm... as I thought.

So I have a little day planner (hello kitty!) and I've been using it to keep track of my running balance of Good Girl money (pennies I have left at the end of a week of tiny transgressions as per the penny system), so I now have a section for keeping track of my daily chores.

So now there are three -

5 Minute Tidy Up (Mondays are Kitchen, Tuesdays are downstairs bathroom, Wednesdays are Living Room, Thursdays are upstairs bathroom and Fridays are bedroom)
Blog Post (either here or in my other journal)
Laundry (fold/hang up and put away clean laundry - Syr does the washing/drying).

It's only day two of the formalized process and I have to say that I was surprised at how it didn't feel like hard work to clean up the bathroom. I thought I was going to be really grumbly about it but I kinda got into the service aspect, which I'm sure is no big surprise to my Owner, but WAS a surprise to me! ;)

I do love ritual and daily reminders of my role in my Owner's Household are good for me, on a lot of levels.

1 comment:

Hunter said...

Writing lines every day can be a nice ritualistic chore.