Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Daddy's Day, Daddy!!!

Today is Father's Day. And, history has shown that "fathers" have kinda been a hit or miss thing in my life. Not reliable. Not safe. Not unconditional love. All the things that "fathers" are supposed to be aren't things I had in my life. So, Father's Day as a 'day' has always been really problematic. Difficult.

But one person has always made me feel safe: my Daddy.

So, this morning, I woke up feeling grateful for such a loving dominant Daddy in my life. I feel safe and protected. I feel held. I feel loved. Unconditionally.

Yes, Daddy often challenges me. She demands my best. But always her guidance is about what's in my best interest, truly. But she loves me with her whole heart. She doesn't just tell me what to do, she leads me. She makes me feel treasured.

I love my Daddy with all of my heart and soul and am so very grateful to have her in my life.

Happy Daddy's Day, Daddy!

1 comment:

Florida Dom said...

You are so fortunate to have her in your life as you serve her.

FD