Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Devotional

This has been a difficult, but productive weekend.

Yesterday was a not so great day. Oh, well, I'm probably sugar-coating there. Yesterday was a crappy day. My mood was intense from morning until bedtime and, in the process, I behaved badly several times throughout the day. Hooray for PMS.

But I also had the opportunity to learn some really valuable things about my Owner's needs and the reasons behind why certain communication errors on my part are so significant to Her. I learned why and how they affect Her the way that they do. So, while it was sucky, something useful came out of it that I am confident will only help me continue to grow.

Today, things went very smoothly. We spent the entire day together doing things. We got up early, attended to some errands and chores, and managed to spend most of the day out and about doing things and then at home doing more things! We're finally getting ready to snuggle up with a movie together, now, and so my devotional is only  happening at this late point in the evening.

I feel closer to Her again today. I think that tends to happen when we make it through a difficult day or an argument and I realize that She is so loving and kind and knows how to use Her authority in healthy ways that help me to grow. Every time that happens - it deepens the trust I have in Her. It also helps me see so clearly just how much she believes in me... something that's easy to lose sight of in the heat of the moment.

Movie time. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad things came together in the end. :) Growing and learning in a relationship every day is crucial to keep it going.

alena said...

Thank you! Yes I feel like I'm constantly learning/growing.