Monday, March 02, 2009

My Daddy

Wow - I haven't written in months.  It's hard to imagine that it has been so long, but I guess in the grand scheme of things, it isn't so hard to realize.

This has been a hard winter for me.  I found myself delving deep into myself and dealing with issues that took much of my emotional energy.  I also slipped into an avoidant habit of not writing - which my Owner pointed out is the one thing that usually keeps me grounded both in my healthiest emotional state - and in my submission.

The newest discovery (and by new I would say in the last six months) has been the full embrace of the Daddy/girl dynamic.  The energy of it was ALWAYS there, but now I call Her Daddy. lol.  I guess that's really the only difference.  I don't always.  There are times it is "my Owner" and times it is "Syr" and times it is "Daddy" even though SHE is all three, all the time.

But this has been a good fit and a way to stay grounded in the power dynamics while our energy has been more on the basics - respect, staying calm through a time of transition, maintaining intimacy when life-stress abounds, etc. 

And so I have found that we've both been enjoying the ability to snuggle in and be sweet and soft together in that way that reminds us both that She's in charge - and I'm not.  Keeping it simple.

But this is just one thread in the weave of who we are and what we're doing.. and between it all there have been some much needed reminders that I am totally owned.  These reminders may come in the form of untying and removing Her boots, while kneeling at Her feet - or in the form of a much needed beating with the crop that left my ass and thighs covered in delightful bruises.  Either way, there are reminders. :)

There is more to come, more to share, and more to explore.  Stay tuned...

No comments: