Sunday, September 20, 2015

Daddy says...

...that if I have time to play with my makeup, then I have time to write an entry. #Touche.

So anyway...  things have felt much more grounded lately and I feel like we're transitioning pretty smoothly into our new normal.

The new normal I'm referring to has to do with lifestyle changes day to day as a result of some financial changes. So far, so good.

Things feel comfortably low-key, and I feel like we've really found our groove of late.

Last week, She gave me the most wonderful massage. She focused on my upper back and shoulders, then chest but probably spent most of the time on my face and it was wonderful... truly.

One important thing I learned from that experience was how much more intimate something like that feels when the attention is totally on you. I realized what a huge difference it makes to receive that kind of attention without any outside distractions. I often will have the tv on while I give Syr a manicure or what have you. So.... a couple days later, I gave Syr a quick mani, a hand massage, a foot massage, and did a similar massage that she'd done for me after that... with candles and music. It was SO much more intimate and connected than when I'm distracted. Not only did She clearly enjoy it more - but I did too. It's not that Syr hadn't commented on it in the past, it's just that I had never really understood the enormity of the differences. Till then. Lesson learned!!

I will be way more aware of this in the future. Will there be times I still offer services while distracted? Real life. Probably. Will I be FAR more aware, now, that it's not nearly the same quality of service I offer when I'm NOT being distracted and make sure that I offer those services as well? Hell yeah.

Always learning. Always growing.

No comments: