Friday, December 07, 2007

Writing again...

Thanks to some functions and Freeware that I have recently discovered on my Palm Pilot, I now have the ability to write entries just about anywhere and just copy and paste them into my blog, rather than trying to sit at my computer witth very little privacy and try to focus.

I also now have the ability to download and read RSS feeds on my palm, which means that (finally) Syr can read my posts without having to be at the privacy-less computer! This has opened up some possibilities for us. It also means probably more posting! Yay! Of course it also means that I get to finally keep up on reading my favourite kinky blogs!!! It's so hard to read them with teenage boys hovering wondering whenit will be their turn at the computer.

This intellectual 'side' of Syr and my D/s has always been important to us and, interestingly, hardest to maintain after we moved in together due to the lack of privacy.

The first is that so Syr has said that She does want to start seeing me writing on topics again. That's starting with Luna's Submissive Journal Prompts (see my blog's sidebar for the link!)

This week, I'll just respond to one, and we'll see how it goes.

Are you a perfectionist? How do you think this affects your service?

Absolutely, I am a perfectionist! And it definitely affects my service.

I am constantly worried about making sure that what I do is done 'just so'. This also means that I tend to 'serve' in any formal way at all unless I am SURE I can go all out. This means, I suppose, that Syr misses out on quite a lot of service in the long run.

I love giving Syr massages, pedicures, manicures, cutting Her hair for Her, cooking for Her, making Her coffee, etc. But I tend NOT to step in and do those things unless I can do them to the utmost. If I can't do a full blown massage with oil and go at it for a while, I don't offer. If I can't give a full foot bath with the pedicure, I don't offer.

I've never really thought that much about how my belief that "it has to go a certain way" really affects the service Syr gets from me.

It's something that I want to work on. I am sure that Syr would appreciate a backrub, even without 'the works' and I'm sure She would appreciate a pedicure, even if it was only nail care and a foot rub.

So it is definitely something I want to work on, especially since Syr and I are trying to find ways to get that D/s energy more frequently.

2 comments:

lunaKM said...

Yay for more posting! And covert reading of others.. wink.

I'm not much of a perfectionist, but I'm not spontaneous. If I cant' plan it out, write up lists on how to do it then it rarely gets done and that includes hot passionate sex. Oiy.

I'm working on it though. Sex does not have to be planned and well... it's better when it isn't.. right?

Dee said...

Lovely to see you posting again, Alena!

xx Dee