Thursday, July 26, 2012

Yes, Syr

There is a hefty project I am working on for my Owner... a formal petition to be Her slave.

Now, some context is important for this assignment. I already am my Owner's property. The writing of a petition is an exercise designed to be instructive and enlightening for both of us. Syr made it pretty clear that She has an idea of what She hopes I will get out of it.

So, having never written anything like that, I used my "phone a friend" option and called a Dominant friend whom I know has received such petitions in the past to get some sort of feel for what they usually contain.

It was a wonderful conversation and it really got me thinking about my slavery in a new way. One of the things we ended up chatting about was the mundane day to day realities of life and how that can sometimes feel like it gets in the way of connecting to my Owner in a D/s way. There is a lack of privacy to consider among other complications and it just feels like we often get stuck in ruts.

One of my friend's tips was to take as many opportunities as I could to call my Owner by the honorific we use - Syr.

I admitted that I often feel shy about calling Her Syr out loud - even in private - unless we are in a very formal D/s sort of mindframe or environment. And the Dominant I was chatting with got right to the point (She's very direct!) and asked me three questions:

Are you ashamed of your Syr? (My answer: of course not!)
Are you ashamed of Her Dominant role in your life? (My answer: no!)
Do you like to compliment Her whenever you can? (My answer: *grinning* Yes!!)

"So call Her Syr every chance you get!"

Well... that really hit home.

I've found it easier to call Her Syr much much more often since that conversation. I've noticed that being mindful of calling Her Syr whenever it's realistic (which is much more often than I ever realized) makes it much easier to maintain my own submissive headspace and it allows me to feel more connected to Her in a D/s way even while we are doing totally mundane chores or errands.

I noticed that when some stressful life stuff came up, that it got harder again for a little while, but I'm cycling back into it. It's definitely a work in progress. Neither of us have tended to maintain much formality to our dynamic and yet it is always there, always present, and such an important part of who we are to each other.

It is a privilege to be able to call my Owner, "Syr", and so now when I get the opportunity to do so, I feel grateful and pleased and a lot less shy.

As to the petition - I am still hard at work on it. It is over 9 pages long and still growing. I am learning a lot about myself and what's important to me about my slavery in the process - so I have a feeling it's doing what Syr intended. I guess I'll find out when I am finished with it.


No comments: