Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Mornings

My Owner and I have discovered that Sundays tend to be very difficult days for me, mood-wise. It's been a challenge over the last few years to find a way to combat this unhealthy pattern I have of being combative and intense on Sundays. There's a lot of abuse in my past and we think we know why I have dreaded Sundays and seem to be in a bad mood that day of the week - but it still needs to be addressed, no matter the reason for the mood.

For a while, Syr had me doing Sunday Adventures. Sunday Adventures were basically intended to be an activity that I would choose with a $20 budget where Syr and I could go do something fun. The idea was to insert something positive to look forward to about Sundays. It worked!  Well, it worked for a long time. But after a while, as Sunday Adventures became an expectation (as they were intended), a different sort of energy started to surround them.

Instead of looking forward to Sunday Adventures, I began focusing my energy on making sure they happened - no matter what. My energy shifted from feeling grateful for them, to feeling entitled to them.... and that wasn't very healthy. I started to get cranky and intense on Sundays again, but now it was that I would get cranky if I thought anything might interfere with my Sunday Adventure. So, Sunday Adventures had to be scrapped.

But the intensity and moodiness of Sundays still needed to be dealt with. So I did some brainstorming and presented a few ideas to my Owner. What we settled on trying was a Sunday morning 'devotional' time. The intent is that I spend 30 minutes upstairs in the bedroom with my Owner's collar on, writing a post to the blog and thinking about our D/s and my role as Her beloved slave. I got pretty enthused about the idea because it is neither reward nor punishment AND inserts an element of 'ritual' into our week - and I always thrive with rituals. And, I figured... starting off the day with a dose of D/s to get my head into a much more respectful and little place would surely help!

And, now Syr has another tool to use if my mood gets off at any other point in the week. Now She can tell me to go do 15 or 30 minutes or whatever upstairs and I know that what She means is to go upstairs, put on Her collar and THINK about my role as Her slave. She can do this even if we're in the middle of an argument.... and she did it once last week - and it worked. I came upstairs and during the 30 minutes I spent thinking of my role as Her slave, I really did settle down.

So, this is my first Sunday devotional time and it feels really nice. It's quiet time for me, quiet time for Her, and I feel little and contained and cared for. I'd say that's a pretty nice way to start off our Sunday. :)

No comments: