Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Working Hard on Service

Lately, I have been working much harder on those little day to day components of service. I've been working hardest of all on being autonomous in these actions, so that they are more meaningful, authentic, and from the heart.

There is definitely payoff. Nothing beats the look on my Owner's face when I kneel, unprompted at Her feet because I can see that would please Her in the moment. Nothing is more satisfactory than the special small smile that is just for me when I bring Her a carefully prepared beverage and give it to Her with service in my heart and on my mind. There is an electrical charge to everything I do when I do it from a service heart and it is amazing to see it unfold.

Yes, I have good days and not so good days. I still have a lot of work to do. But it is becoming a daily practice unbidden now and that is still relatively new in the grand scheme of things.

There are a lot of little things my Owner does to maintain the D/s between us.... little things that sometimes get taken for granted. I want to do my part as well because who She is to me is important and meaningful.

The longer I am Hers, the more I realize that it is these small moments, added up that create the robustness of who we are to one another, rather than just the bursts of intensity and raw moments alone.

I am sleepy, but I will be going to bed with thoughts of gratitude on my mind.

No comments: